Navigation Toolbar

Monday, June 15, 2009

June Bloom Day

Here's what's abloom in June!


Cannas look so exotic and Victorian to me. What a pleasure to leave them in the ground and have them survive the winter. I have two varieties in my yard--I'd love to have a few more.




Spiderwort. I know, I know, it's a weed around here...but it's also a beautiful, hardy native. Love the little blue faces.



Cherry Tomatoes Sweet 100. I think the tomatoes look gorgeous against the brick--although they don't much like this soil.



More cannas. This doesn't really show the flowers....but it does, to me, convey the feel of the garden on a hot summer day.

9 comments:

  1. Some may consider spiderwort a weed ... not me! You have portrayed it in an ethereal artistic way that is just stunning! I always mow around it in the fields. Great Photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Carol. I had a spiderwort in Maine that was lush and full with wider leaves...but definitely the same plant. I love 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Cannas too and we can keep them in the ground as well. My only problem with them is trying to keep the Canna Leaf Rollers off of them - ugly little critters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the spiderworts as well. Sorry I don't have any cannas to offer you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos! I like the way you blurred the backgrounds. The last one of the canna is my favorite with those quick lavender streaks and beautiful green foliage. That would make a great painting as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow...Just found your blog via Patrice Lynne Young and I'm adding you to my faves.
    Beautiful artwork!
    I'll be back.
    Love & Laughter...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your "eye" Kim! Very inspiring. I've never tried pastel. Hooked on watercolor... but you make pastel look/sound so inviting! Keep 'em coming. Love your work.

    Best wishes, Kris

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kim - hope you are doing OK - sure miss your posts. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Kim, so good to hear from you again! I was just in Buffalo a few weeks ago and was surprised at how hot it was. Drop me a comment/email when you start blogging again (or whenever you want, of course).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for writing! I love hearing from you.