Friday, April 17, 2009

thinking about painting

I've been taking a little break from the easel. This is the busy season at work--I'm a manager at Home Depot, and springtime at Home Depot is like Christmas at the mall. We really don't get a chance to breathe. It's FUN, but tiring. I confess I have crawled home some days and fed myself tuna fish straight from the can.

I only have one piece left to complete for my upcoming show, and I should be able to get that done soon. Right now I am down with a sinus infection--no fun at all. But there is work in progress; I promise you that. And I have so many ideas I want to start on! My plan is to do a lot of fast, loose pieces this summer and then buckle down again in the fall. I'm going to try out some new styles and see how they fit before I go back to my usual. I may even pick up a brush! (shh, don't tell my pastels...) Then we can see how my 'usual' has changed! It 'll be fun. Stay tuned.

Now I need to go get some Kleenex. My poor nose is ready to abandon my face entirely.