Sunday, March 8, 2009

Orange Spiral



Orange Spiral, 9 x 7.5 inches SOLD

A beautiful warm day today, with the sun streaming in and setting the orange alight. I almost felt like the orange itself was giving off heat. I've painted this little glass many times before, but I keep coming back to it because I love the way it holds the light. This is a small piece--I had a scrap of paper already prepped that I wanted to use up, so I stepped away from the sunflowers and knocked this out. Note to self: I do not like working small.

see all my work at KimDenise.com

7 comments:

  1. Your ability to paint clear glass is phenomenal... and the orange ain't chopped liver either!!

    I stayed outside all day. No guilt. But tonight I paint...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patrice--no guilt about being outside all day! Gotta get that Vitamin D!

    Joan--thanks for visiting and for your kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very crisp and lovely! And in pastel, too-- looks like an oil painting. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You do beautiful artworks! Your glass is excellent. Loved your short story too. R. Garriot sent me over and I'm glad he did.

    ReplyDelete
  5. R. Garriot--I visited your blog and website and enjoyed both very much. I'll certainly be back. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Christine--I'm glad you found me! I enjoyed visiting your blog. Thanks for the kind words.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for writing! I love hearing from you.