Sunday, March 22, 2009

Filling the gap

I'm going to post a new painting today. Tomorrow at the latest. In the meantime, I have plenty of other work to share, painted during my two-year hiatus from blogging.

Here are some pieces from my first gallery show a year ago:


Essence of Autumn I; 15 x 10 inches; soft pastel on paper. SOLD


Essence of Autumn II; 7 x 14.5 inches; soft pastel on paper. SOLD


Essence of Autumn III; 14 x 10 inches; soft pastel on paper. SOLD


Seven Shades of Gold; 15 x 12 inches; soft pastel on paper. SOLD


Afterglow; 11 x 15 inches; soft pastel on paper. SOLD


Vase I; 4.5 x 18 inches; soft pastel on paper. SOLD


Vase II; 4.5 x 18 inches; soft pastel on paper.
Available for purchase through the Harrison Gallery.


Copper and Crabapple I; 10 x 10 inches; soft pastel on paper. SOLD


Copper and Crabapple II; 10 x 10 inches; soft pastel on paper. SOLD

6 comments:

  1. I quite like this one. The pennies are a neat idea; scale and interest without appearing contrived.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many great paintings, I hardly know where to look first! 'Vase I' really catches my eye though; unusal and effective use of cropping. Great light and shadow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I am going to check them out next week when I go to deliver my work to Harrison.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, tremendous. My favorites are the cropped views of the vase, with the flower stems inside. Really cool composition.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Damn!

    These paintings are ridiculously good! I don't know how you did these.

    "Seven Shades of Gold" is my favorite of the bunch. Just so beautiful.

    I absolutely LOVE all the shades of yellow against the black background.

    It's so luminous and so pleasing on the eyes.

    I could stare at that painting all day!

    Expertly done!!

    -Dean

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like how you handled the light in all of these pieces. I also like that everything has a yellow tinge, everything that is not glass that is. All of these paintings really do go together very well. Great Job!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for writing! I love hearing from you.