Monday, July 4, 2016

some knitting is fast



Some knitting is fast. After finishing a huge slooooow piece, and/or while working on the next one, I like to knit something speedy. (Or do I knit it speedily? Whatever. The thing gets made from the yarn, and it doesn't take a long time.)

I usually say I'm a process knitter, because it's all about the yarn and the soothing trance state of making the stitches...but I'm really quite fond of the product too. I like to take pretty pictures of the pretty things and then look at them a lot.

So this time I knitted a baby sweater. It was very fast. Less than a week of knitting days.



The pattern is Emme's Cables. The yarn is Wollmeise Pure in the eye-searing color Dornröschen (a personal favorite). Such a fun knit! I can see more of these in my future. They're fast.

The recipient hasn't joined us yet. I can't wait to meet her/him!




Note to knitters: I changed the cable crossings for a more pleasing flow. Details on my Ravelry project page.