Navigation Toolbar

Tuesday, April 05, 2011

and just one more pear

Finished this a couple of weeks ago but somehow never blogged it.   I think it's my favorite thus far.  The reflections posed quite a challenge, as I was working from a photo reference that really didn't show them.  (I know, I know, a real artiste works from life....but I work slowly and have no desire at this point to do paintings of rotting fruit.  I never claimed to be a real artiste anyhow.)

Pear with Ribbon 2, 10 x 8 inches, soft pastel on paper. Available.

Here's a little diptych of the two pear/ribbon pieces that I made to post on Flickr.  Aren't they sweet together?  I think they're calling out for a third.


There is more painting going on, despite the lack of posts.  The painting has slowed because there is also crocheting happening at the moment (a very beautiful shawl which I will soon be sharing in its own post).  And because I am preparing to move, and because my mother had knee replacement surgery on Friday.   Oh, and I took a week off so I could have bronchitis again.  Mom is doing great, but the move is looming large.   I'll keep you posted.  I have big plans.

All content ©2011 Kimberly Denise. Unauthorized reproduction prohibited.

3 comments:

  1. Definitely needs a third. Good luck with all your upcoming activities, Kim.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look so great together! Both great pieces.

    The crochet project above sounds fascinating (to one who doesn't do anything like that). :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous Kim. Good luck with your move. The Bungalow just sounds so fabulous and on a street that bears your family's name no less. Can't wait to see it all.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for writing! I love hearing from you.