Sunday, March 1, 2009

Blog? I have a blog?

I don't get it. I like to write, I like to read other folks' blogs, and I especially enjoy artists' blogs. But I don't maintain my own. Granted, I don't have much time. I work 50-60 hours a week at my day job, and paint during most of the rest of my waking hours--in addition to all that time I spend procrastinating and doing things like making curried lentil soup (ooh, my house smells so good right now!). Still, I ought to be able to pop out a blog post once or twice a week.

The psychic who told me to start painting (good advice there, I have to say), also told me, when asked about writing, that I'm a gifted editor. This suggests that I ought to hire a ghost-blogger and then edit the heck outta him or her. I'll let you know how that goes.

I'm a little bit afraid that, if I blog regularly, my conversation will deteriorate into a commentary on the antics of my cats. Not that my cats aren't outstandingly beautiful, talented, intelligent and charming--they are!--but I'm not quite ready to go down that road.

So we'll see what happens. Watch this space for further developments.